“Mister Rogers & Me” Premiere Weekend Schedule Emerges

June 15th, 2010

As if last week’s stunning debut of my brand-new daughter, Margaret Burton Wagner wasn’t big enough, this weekend’s Nantucket Film Festival is shaping up to be a terrific debut for “Mister Rogers & Me” and Wagner Bros. Films alike.

On Friday morning, we’re both scheduled to participate in “Morning Coffee With…,” an informal, hour-long conversation with writers, directors, and producers from the festival program.

“Mister Rogers & Me” premieres Friday at 6:30 p.m. Special guests include local photographer, Beverly Hall, singer/songwriter, soundtrack contributor and pal, Casey Shea, as well as Mister Rogers’ son, John, and grandson, Ian. Q&A will follow. Afterwards, we’ll repair to our dear friends’ (and filmmakers; the pair wrote, produced and directed the 1995 feature, “The Dinner Party”) Michael Hite and Diane Zuckerman’s home for an intimate afterparty.

I, for one, won’t be partying too long, though, as I’ve been asked to be one of six storytellers at Friday night’s “Late Night Storytelling.” Hosted by Jonathan Ames and Anne Meara, the festival’s landmark event features unscripted, awe-inspiring and amusing stories by writers, actors, filmmakers, and islanders. This year’s theme, I’m told, is “Dirty Laundry.” Past storytellers have included Jim Carrey, Tina Fey, Brian Williams, Joe Pantoliano, Alan Cumming, Paul Rudd and Rosie Perez.

We’re also looking forward to taking in some films, enjoying Ben Stiller’s “All-Star Comedy Roundtable,” and sneaking out to Madaket for a visit to Mister Rogers’ Crooked House and lunch at Millie’s. Here’s our schedule in full:

Thu 2:00p – Arrive Nantucket
Fri 9:00a – “Morning Coffee With…” (Rose & Crown)
Fri 6:30a – “Mister Rogers & Me” Premiere (Nantucket High School)
Fri 9:30p – “Late Night Storytelling” (Sconset Casino)
Sat 6:00p – “Mister Rogers & Me” Screening (Coffin School)
Sun 9:00a – Depart Nantucket

1. Greg Cermeno says:

Simply want to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post is simply excellent and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

March 19, 2013 at 9:39 pm
  2. x ray technician says:

Good blog you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find good quality writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

March 20, 2013 at 1:25 am
  3. Randee Neverson says:

Super-Duper blog! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some more. I am taking your feeds also.

March 20, 2013 at 7:46 pm
  4. 3 mobil says:

Wow! This can be one particular of the most useful blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Excellent. I am also a specialist in this topic so I can understand your effort.

March 21, 2013 at 2:51 am
  5. przepisy na salatki says:

What a brilliant idea!

March 21, 2013 at 3:42 pm
  6. Madison Tusing says:

I would move to Hawaii and after that travel the earth.

March 21, 2013 at 5:00 pm
  7. texas driver education says:

There’s definately a lot to know about this topic. I love all of the points you have made.

March 22, 2013 at 7:10 pm
  8. Lawanda Straw says:

Undeniably believe that that you said. Your favourite justification seemed to be at the internet the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst folks consider concerns that they just don’t recognize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and defined out the whole thing with no need side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you

March 26, 2013 at 7:54 am
  9. billige e cigaretter says:

You can certainly see your skills within the paintings you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. All the time go after your heart.

March 26, 2013 at 10:17 pm
  10. Vincenzo Attleson says:

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I were tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright transparent idea

March 27, 2013 at 8:35 am
  11. billige e cigaretter says:

I have not checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)

March 27, 2013 at 3:51 pm
  12. Rod says:

Magnificent items from you, man. I have have in mind your stuff previous to and
    you are just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have obtained right here, certainly
    like what you are stating and the way in which you assert it.
    You are making it entertaining and you continue to care for to stay it smart.
    I cant wait to read far more from you. That is really a great site.

March 27, 2013 at 5:56 pm
  13. Joyce Camell says:

Many thanks for this article! Some definitely inspriational designs here. LC

March 28, 2013 at 3:15 am
  14. camsex says:

-Don Herold

March 28, 2013 at 3:33 pm
  15. wyszukiwarka kodów pocztowych łódź says:

Yeah bookmaking this wasn’t a high risk conclusion outstanding post! .

March 31, 2013 at 8:59 am
  16. moda says:

Looking for me, I came here for important information. The information is so incredible that I have to check it out. Nevertheless, thanks.

April 1, 2013 at 12:27 pm
  17. Riverhead physician says:

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don’t know who you are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

April 2, 2013 at 2:14 pm