“Mister Rogers & Me” To Screen At Nantucket Athenium

February 15th, 2012

Filmmakers Christofer and Benjamin Wagner will present their feature-length documentary, “Mister Rogers & Me” at the Nantucket Atheneum on Saturday, March 3 at 7 p.m.

The brothers will introduce the film and conduct a Q&A with the audience when it concludes. Admission to the Athenium screening is free.

The screening marks the first time the brothers have returned to the island together since premiering the film at the Nantucket Film Festival in 2010. The two shot b-roll in Madaket, on Eel Point and in town over numerous summers, and interviewed local photographer Beverly Hall there in 2008.

Benjamin first met Fred Rogers on Nantucket in 2001 when his mother rented a cottage next door to America’s Favorite Neighbor. An MTV News Producer by day, singer/songwriter by night, Wagner and Mister Rogers bonded quickly over a love of music, lemonade and television and a very-brief but very impactful conversation about culture. “I feel so strongly,” Mister Rogers told the young producer,” that deep and simple is far more essential than shallow and complex.”

In 2006, he and his brother, Christopher, set out to make a documentary film featuring Mister Rogers’ friends and colleagues to better understand what Mister Rogers meant when he told Benjamin “I feel so strongly that deep and simple is far more essential than complex.”

Nantucketers Hall and the late Tim Russert are featured in the film. Other interviewees include “Arthur” author Marc Brown, “Nick News” host Linda Ellerbee, NPR Correspondent Susan Stamberg, and author of “The Simple Faith of Mister Rogers” Amy Hollingsworth. The Wagner brothers travel to Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania Washington, Virginia and South Carolina and finish the film with a better understanding of Mister Rogers and his great legacy to children’s education and children’s television.

The events is the second in a series of events leading to the broadcast, DVD and on-demand release of “Mister Rogers & Me.” Complete details will be release in the coming weeks.

1. Danny Barvick says:

It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

March 21, 2013 at 7:07 pm
  2. szybki kredyt sms says:

Using a part of examine to be able to your own preference can potentially.

March 21, 2013 at 9:13 pm
  3. Joe Francis says:

I have been checking out some of your posts and i can claim pretty good stuff. I will surely bookmark your website.

March 22, 2013 at 4:47 am
  4. Joe Francis says:

Merely wanna state that this is very beneficial , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

March 22, 2013 at 6:02 am
  5. Joe Francis says:

What’s Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & help different users like its aided me. Good job.

March 22, 2013 at 1:34 pm
  6. Joe Francis says:

Fantastic web site. Plenty of helpful information here. I am sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you to your sweat!

March 22, 2013 at 3:39 pm
  7. Joe Francis says:

As a Newbie, I am continuously searching online for articles that can aid me. Thank you

March 22, 2013 at 4:48 pm
  8. Randall Lembo says:

WOW! Amazing and well deserved.

March 22, 2013 at 5:21 pm
  9. issac maez says:

Hands down, Apple’s app store wins by a mile. It’s a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I’m not sure I’d want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

March 25, 2013 at 5:22 am
  10. andrew peltz dra advisors says:

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it’ll do even better in those areas, but for now it’s a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

March 26, 2013 at 7:11 am
  11. helpful resources says:

Thanks for your post. What I want to point out is that while searching for a good on the web electronics shop, look for a internet site with full information on important factors such as the personal privacy statement, safety details, any payment guidelines, and various terms along with policies. Continually take time to look into the help in addition to FAQ segments to get a far better idea of the way the shop will work, what they can perform for you, and in what way you can take full advantage of the features.

March 26, 2013 at 7:41 am
  12. Recommended Site says:

Thank you for another informative site. The place else could I get that kind of info written in such an ideal manner? I have a mission that I’m simply now running on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

March 26, 2013 at 7:48 am
  13. pozyczkigotowkowe-24.pl says:

Even when your defective family car might be hard to discover, you’ll find strategies to have it fixed without having to pay income.

March 27, 2013 at 9:33 am
  14. beast 123 says:

Its good as your other blog posts : D, thanks for putting up.

March 27, 2013 at 9:21 pm
  15. technik ochrony says:

What kind of things can not circulate through the network.

March 28, 2013 at 5:01 am
  16. Katalog Sinooke says:

Due to this bog I learnt a lot!

March 28, 2013 at 8:32 am
  17. Denice Rosier says:

I got what you intend, regards for posting .Woh I am thankful to find this website through google. “Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

March 28, 2013 at 12:53 pm
  18. Reynaldo Benasher says:

Hey There. I discovered your weblog the usage of msn. This is an extremely neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

March 28, 2013 at 6:48 pm
  19. Fallon Suffridge says:

Hello there, just was aware of your weblog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you happen to continue this in future. A lot of people can be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

March 29, 2013 at 7:16 pm
  20. pozycjonowanie says:

Looking for me, I came here for important information. The information is so incredible that I have to check it out. Nevertheless, thanks.

March 29, 2013 at 11:52 pm
  21. earn cash says:

One more thing. I believe that there are numerous travel insurance sites of respectable companies that permit you to enter your trip details and find you the estimates. You can also purchase an international travel cover policy on the internet by using your own credit card. All you should do is always to enter your current travel details and you can start to see the plans side-by-side. Merely find the plan that suits your financial allowance and needs after which use your credit card to buy it. Travel insurance on the web is a good way to do investigation for a reliable company to get international travel cover. Thanks for revealing your ideas.

March 30, 2013 at 10:46 am
  22. Truth about this says:

This really is definitely a blog that individuals need to obtain at the rear of. The problem is, no 1 wants to do an excellent deal of reading and not have some thing else to stimulate the mind. This is the internet, right after all. Perhaps should you additional a video or two to emphasise your point. I’ll stick around, for Sure|. But, I dont know if others will.

March 30, 2013 at 8:51 pm
  23. filmy chomikuj says:

Together along with everything which seems that they are building inside this distinct be important substance, a extensive percentage regarding details of view are normally slightly radical. On the other hand, I appologize, nevertheless My partner and i can of course not subscribe in support of your full proposition, every one of whether it is refreshing almost certainly no one the less. It looks to ensue intelligent to everybody that your exact opinions are commonly not of necessity absolutely restructured down with in fact an distinctive are typically your do-it-yourself not wholly selected linking your point. Into approximately one aftermath Used to solve be thankful for rendition the item.

March 31, 2013 at 10:14 am
  24. official website says:

Absolutely pent subject material , thanks for selective information .

March 31, 2013 at 10:48 am
  25. massage therapy toronto says:

I like this web blog so much, bookmarked .

April 1, 2013 at 7:11 am
  26. jump button says:

I like this post, enjoyed this one appreciate it for putting up.

April 1, 2013 at 8:10 am
  27. greg despain says:

I’ll gear this review to 2 types of people: current Zune owners who are considering an upgrade, and people trying to decide between a Zune and an iPod. (There are other players worth considering out there, like the Sony Walkman X, but I hope this gives you enough info to make an informed decision of the Zune vs players other than the iPod line as well.)

April 2, 2013 at 8:30 am
  28. Riverhead physician says:

In line with my observation, after a in foreclosure process home is available at a bidding, it is common with the borrower to be able to still have the remaining balance on the personal loan. There are many loan companies who attempt to have all fees and liens paid off by the up coming buyer. Having said that, depending on a number of programs, regulations, and state laws there may be several loans that are not easily fixed through the shift of personal loans. Therefore, the obligation still remains on the borrower that has had his or her property in foreclosure. Many thanks for sharing your opinions on this weblog.

April 2, 2013 at 6:12 pm
  29. indianapolis dentists says:

But wanna comment that you have a very nice web site , I like the design and style it really stands out.

April 3, 2013 at 5:49 am